‘While alcoholism is a devastating disease that can destroy lives, some people who struggle with it manage to hold down stressful jobs and big responsibilities. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive nice cars, live in great neighborhoods, and make a significant income.…..’ Read more here.
Signs that can help in identifying these ticking time bombs:
- They drink instead of eating.
- They can wake up without a hangover, even after several drinks.
- Not drinking makes them irritable, nervous, or uncomfortable.
- Their behavior patterns change significantly while under the influence of booze.
- They can’t have just two drinks. 6. Periods of memory loss or “blacking out” are common.
- Attempts to discuss drinking behavior are met with aggression and denial.
- They always have a good explanation for why they drink.
- They hide their alcohol.
Read full article on MindBodyGreen here.