‘It’s not news that depression has become a kind of invisible epidemic, afflicting millions of people. We live at a time when depression is approached as a disease. That has a good side. Depressed people are not judged against as weak or self-indulgent, as if they only need to try harder to lift themselves out of their sadness. Yet depression, for all the publicity surrounding it, remains mysterious, and those who suffer from it tend to hide their condition – the medical model hasn’t removed a sense of shame. When you’re in the throes of depression, it’s hard to escape the feeling that you are a failure and that the future is hopeless.’
Continue reading here for valuable information about the following:
- What depression is and what it isn’t
- How to diagnose depression
- The different types of depression
- How to rebalance your life and rid yourself of your depression
- How to begin the Healing Journey.